Day-Use Park Facilities in Southeast Minnesota
Shelters have 6 indoor and 3 outdoor picnic tables. You can cook hot dogs, steaks, shish kebab, or roast veggies on the stand-up grill in front of each shelter. Electricity, lights, and space for serving tables are available. We advise bringing foldable 6-8 foot tables for food and props.
Directly behind the playground is Shelter #1, the beach bathhouse is the nearest to #2, and behind #2, closest to the A area campsites is #3. In the center of the three shelters lies a supply of drinkable water. Nearby are a parking area, a playground, Lake Pepin beach, horseshoe pits, volleyball and basketball courts. Bring water toys and a swimsuit, and most importantly, be fully energized to have lots of fun.
- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- 3:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Park Hall or Events Facility
From the Hok-Si-La dining hall, the view of the beach and the Wisconsin Bluffs is spectacular. Family reunions, graduation celebrations, company picnics, weddings, birthday parties, confirmations, and school performances are all ideal events that can be held here, whether formal or informal.
Depending on the area rented, the park hall may accommodate 60 to 200 people. Two parking lots offer plenty of space for your guests to park. A swimming beach, volleyball court, basketball court, horseshoe pit, playground, bathrooms, chapel, and hiking trails are all within walking distance.
- Refrigerator with Top Freezer
- Walk-In Cooler
- Electric West Bend 60- & 100-Cup Coffee Makers
- 250 8- & 9-in. Plates
- 100-Cup Hot Water Dispenser Given by St. Paul Audubon in 2019.
- Gas Stove & Microwave (New 2017). See Photos on Facebook.
- 2 ovens & 2 Racks
Dining Hall Rules
- A $220 security deposit (for day damage, cleaning, & late return) is required when picking up the key. The check will be returned after it has passed the final inspection.
- Unloading time at the hall, shelters, & campground is 30 minutes.
- Vehicles must be moved to the parking lot after unloading.
- People requiring assistance may be driven to a rented facility.
- Music should end at 9:00 p.m. Cleaning should start earlier.
- The dining hall must be clean & ready for the next guest by 10:00 p.m. on the final day of reservation. Lights must be off, the building must be locked, & the key to the office must be returned by 10:00 p.m. each day of rental.
- Brooms & pails are located & must be returned to the closet off the kitchen after use.
- Garbage bags are provided, & used bags must be set on the sidewalk.
- Nails & staples are not allowed.
- Be sure that your balloons do not go close to ceiling fans.
- Pets are not allowed inside the building.
- Tents require approval by the park manager.
- Chairs & tables must remain in the building.
- The curtain in the hall cannot be taken down or used for hanging items. Noncompliance will lead to the forfeiture of the $220 deposit.
- Twenty 5 ft. Round Folding Tables (Fits 6-7 Chairs)
- Four 6 ft. (30 in. Wide) Folding Tables
- 140 Stack Chairs
- Extra Tables & Chairs in the Storage Area off the Kitchen
Items Available in the Office
- 25 and 6 lb. Bags of Ice
- Camping Supplies (Charcoal, Travel Items, Fresh Coffee, Snacks, Etc.)
- Bags & Hats
- Tourism Information
- Eight 8 ft. (30 in. Wide) Folding Tables (Fits 8 Chairs)
- Two 6 ft. (30 ft. Wide) Folding Tables (Fits 6 Chairs)
- 70 Stack Chairs